Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
Posted on February 17 2018
While we might still be shivering by the radiators during this cold winter, now is the perfect time to be looking ahead to warmer weather and the new fashion trends it’ll bring.
Yes, Spring might seem a long way off yet, but the shops are stocking their new fashion lines already and to stay ahead of the fashion game you need to know what’s on trend this year, and how to wear it well.
We’re back in the 80’s for another season, at least
Back in our Autumn fashion blog, we predicted that eighties fashion would be making an appearance, and this looks set to continue for a while yet. We’re seeing pastel colours, stonewash jeans with frayed hems and boxy suit jackets continue to make an impact.
To wear this look well, we suggest picking key eighties style items, like a shirt or jacket, and mix them up with loose trousers for a great effect.
Vertical Stripes are a fashion statement this Spring
Suits are heading back into stripe territory next season, with primary colours taking the background to a variety of vertical stripes. Variety in terms of width that is. From pinstripe to thick statement stripes, you’ll find that eye-catching suits are going to be everywhere this year.
The great thing about vertical stripes is that add a slimming effect to your suit, so they’re flattering for men of all shapes and sizes.
Everything White and Millennial Pink
We’re continuing the eighties theme with white suits, shirts, and… well, everything really!
White from head to toe is certainly a bold look and one that you might not feel comfortable pulling off (and it’s rather risky considering our lovely British weather!). Try having a darker jacket or blazer to add an extra dimension to the overall effect.
Pink is one of those marmite colours of men’s fashion. You either love it or hate it. One thing is for sure, and that is there’s no sign of it leaving the fashion industry anytime soon. Millennial pink is that warm, rose shade that works well as a shirt under a neutral coloured suit, or in the form of accessories to lighten the overall tone of your appearance.
We’re getting Technical with Jackets this year
By technical we mean those ‘useful’ jackets like anoraks and windbreakers.
That doesn’t mean you have to trek down to your local mountaineering shop and invest in an expensive all-weather ensemble, but let’s face it, a waterproof jacket isn’t a bad thing to be wearing in the UK!
A technical bomber jacket is a great option for a durable and functional piece that looks the part too.
Inverted layering is a new and daring fashion look for Spring 2018
We’ve looked at layering before and highlighted how it’s a great way to look good while transitioning from work to play. This year, it’s getting shaken up through the process of ‘inversion’.
Sounds scary, right?
Traditionally, the longest layer would be the topmost – think jackets and coats. Now, we’re seeing the longest layer elsewhere in the ensemble, typically shirts and t-shirts are extra-long and jackets short.
It’s an interesting concept so try mixing up your layers this year!
- The Three Types of White Shirt Everyone Should Own!
- how to stay focused, professional and productive while working from home.
- Is It Acceptable To Wear a Short Sleeve Shirt For Business?
- Why pink is proving to be a popular choice in menswear
- How To Overcome That Office Stress by Working Out At Your Desk
- The Most Popular Menswear Colours For Spring and Summer 2019
- Suit wearing rules you really should follow
- How Adaptive Clothing Is Making Fashion More Accessible
- 7 Menswear Trends Set to Dominate in 2019
- 7 Types of Trouser Every Man Should Own
- A Gentleman’s Glossary to Buying a Suit
- Sweater style – how to wear knitwear well
- What to wear to the office Christmas party this year
- Why you should be comfortable with cardigans this winter
- How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
- The overlooked clothing item of the corporate world – socks
- best white shirts
- home working attire
- top tips for working from home
- what to wear on zoom meetings
- what to wear when working from home
- working from home