Gentlemen’s Fashion Styles This Autumn 2017
Posted on August 28 2017
The kids are back at school and that can only mean one thing for the rest of us – it’s Autumn! As we rapidly head into colder weather and darker nights, it’s time to take a look at this season’s fashion trends. Boldly adventurous is the key phrase we’re going to be hearing a lot of in the months ahead.
Bold and bright this Autumn
Red dominated the designer collections when previewed earlier this year, so it’s obviously followed onto the high street. From burgundy and wine to more orange and cerise shades, red is certainly a key colour for your autumnal wardrobe.
To compliment this brightly coloured trend, blues and greens should feature in your wardrobe. Muted neutrals are the best way to enhance those bold shades. How you choose to boldly go forward with your wardrobe is up to you – whether you prefer to accent neutral shades with bright accessories, or are confident enough to carry a vibrant shirt, there will multiple options to choose from.
Take a step back in time when it comes to being suited and booted
We’re heading back to the 1980s with an edgier look this year. Boxy shapes and oversized double-breasted jackets are going to be in vogue. All the emphasis will be on the jacket this autumn, so yes you can still get away with wearing a pair of trainers!
In terms of fabric, we’re going to see darker tones coupled with geometric patterns. Don’t be surprised if you see a corduroy suit or two, that eighties material is making a comeback this season too.
Silk shirts with a lively twist
When it comes to shirts we’re talking silk this Autumn. Following on from this summer’s trend of bold prints teamed with camp collars, we’re certainly going to see a lot of lively shirts this season. See Collection>>
You’ll come to notice that straps and drawstrings are everywhere this Autumn and it’ll be no exception when it comes to shirts. When you’re opting for a more casual look this is certainly a wearable trend with an edge.
Turtleneck sweaters are back
There’s something very English about teaming a turtleneck sweater with a shirt, and you’ll have the opportunity once again this Autumn, thanks to the hit film Dunkirk.
You can expect to see a lot more variation on the classic roll neck jumper in terms of design, and of course teaming one up with a bold and bright shirt will ensure you stay on trend.
The return of corduroy
Perhaps the most surprising return trend of this season is that of corduroy. Featured amongst numerous design collections, it’s definitely the fabric of the fall season. Unlike the corduroy we left behind years ago, this year’s fabric is soft, pliable and fashioned into a sophisticated style.
You can expect to find corduroy this year in the definitively autumnal colours of burgundy, chestnut, and canary yellow. Perfect for teaming up with a turtleneck sweater and leather jacket.
So, are you surprised by this season’s trends? We’d love to hear your thoughts, so leave us a comment below.
- Shirt Collar Types Plus Who should and How to Wear Them!
- What to Wear For Men Spring 2021
- The Three Types of White Shirt Everyone Should Own!
- how to stay focused, professional and productive while working from home.
- Is it acceptable to wear a short sleeve shirt for business?
- Why pink is proving to be a popular choice in menswear
- How to overcome that office stress by working out at your desk
- The Most Popular Menswear Colours For Spring and Summer 2019
- Suit wearing rules you really should follow
- How Adaptive Clothing Is Making Fashion More Accessible
- 7 Menswear Trends Set to Dominate in 2019
- 7 Types of Trouser Every Man Should Own
- A Gentleman’s Glossary to Buying a Suit
- Sweater style – how to wear knitwear well
- What to wear to the office Christmas party this year
- Why you should be comfortable with cardigans this winter
- How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- best white shirts
- home working attire
- top tips for working from home
- what to wear on zoom meetings
- what to wear when working from home
- working from home