Posted on June 22 2017
Posted on June 17 2017
Posted on June 13 2017
Dress shirts can come in a variety of fabrics, and this leads to people often asking - what is the best fabric for a dress shirt? There is a wide range of fabric suitable for dress shirts, but here we will focus on the most common.
Posted on May 24 2017
It might sound obvious, but here we'll let you know how you can tell if your shirt sleeves are too long. If the cuffs, and/or sleeve, come down over your hands, then the arms of the shirt are too long. If the cuffs are coming too far out the bottom of your jacket sleeve, again, they are too long.
Posted on May 13 2017
- We have already discussed in previous articles the best way to remove a stain from a dress shirt, and here we want to answer the question - what is the best way to wash a dress shirt? If you look after your shirt and wash it properly, you will be able to go on wearing it for several years, while maintaining it's fresh and clean look.
Posted on May 08 2017
- A shirt that fits your body shape and size properly can make or break your look. You may
have spent a small fortune on your outfit, including your shirt, but if it does not fit in the right way, you will end up looking shoddy. If you have a shirt that fits you well, you can easily measure this in order to pass on the measurements to a shirt maker. This is a good alternative to measuring your body from scratch. These tips are also useful when buying a shirt off the peg. Here, we discuss how to measure a shirt for a perfect fit
Posted on April 30 2017
- Dressing in styles that suit body shape has become second nature to most people nowadays, with much information about the best shirts to wear for different body types. However, not everyone knows how to choose a shirt with a collar that suits them. This is because there is more to choosing a shirt than just thinking about the shape of your body. How a shirt will suit you best, is if you choose a shirt collar to suit your face shape. Choosing the correct shirt collar for your face shape can really make a difference to your appearance, and so read on to see what tips we can give you for making the most of your shirt.
Posted on April 24 2017
- As a long time bespoke shirt maker, at WH Taylor Shirt Makers we know a thing or two about what makes a great bespoke shirt. We make each garment to the highest of standards, and hand finish everything so it meets the quality one would expect. Here we discuss what the advantages of buying bespoke shirts from WH Taylor Shirt Makers.
Posted on April 01 2017
- There are various types of shirt collars which are common for men to wear. Whether you buy something off the peg, or have a bespoke shirt handmade for you, you can usually choose the type of collar you prefer. While a modern collar now tends to be shorter and wider spread than it used to be, the beauty of getting a shirt made for you is that you can choose what collar is going to work for you. Here are the most common types of shirt collar you need to know.
Posted on March 21 2017
- As we approach Spring, many people like to have a sort out of their wardrobe and see what items they need for Spring. This could be to keep up with trends, shake things up a bit for the new season, or just give their wardrobe a revamp in order to see what new pieces they need. Whether you want to buy new shirts, or try new styles, here we give you some men's styling tips for Spring 2017;
Posted on February 27 2017
- Cotton shirts are worn as an everyday practical item of clothing. This means, that in turn they should be cleaned in the most efficient and effective way, while prolonging their life. While some men, depending on their lifestyle, prefer dry cleaning for their cotton shirts, others want a way of cleaning them at home. So, what is the best way to launder a cotton shirt?
Posted on February 14 2017
- Many people have been known to throw away brand new shirts after one wear due to a nasty stain they fear won't come out. It is easily done, be it coffee stains, red wine, pen ink or grease. However, it is actually easier to get a stain out a shirt than most people realise. Here, we can provide you with some tips on how to get a stain out a shirt.
Posted on February 02 2017
- A wardrobe staple, men's shirts are always in fashion, however not every style is. The new range of shirts for Spring and Summer 2017 are now beginning to emerge on the high street, and there are some common themes. Here we'll discuss men's shirt styles for Spring Summer 2017.
Posted on January 19 2017
- We believe you should buy shirts that will last. With the modern trend for cheap and fast fashion, it is little wonder that most shirts purchased on the high street today fall apart before a year is out. Unable to withstand frequent washing without buttons falling off, cuffs coming loose or hems fraying, many people find themselves frustrated that the shirts they buy need replacing on such a regular basis.
Posted on January 11 2017
- We've all heard the saying; new year, new you. But not everyone wants to commit to a schedule of fitness and fad diets in order to make themselves look and feel better. Some people just want to make more of an effort with themselves and the way they dress, resulting in a new found confidence for the new year ahead. There are certain things that can be done to make you look and feel better, so here we have put together 5 men's style tips for 2017;
Posted on December 29 2016
- Christmas is fast approaching, and there’s not much time left to buy gifts for the men in your life. So if the shops are far too busy for your liking, and there’s just too much choice on the Internet, then cufflinks are the way to go. Stylish, affordable and available in loads of varieties, even the man who has everything can’t have enough cufflinks in his collection.
Posted on December 12 2016
- No matter how many items of clothing you own, there’s always a situation where you just can’t find anything to wear, and especially at Christmas, it can be tricky trying to find the perfect look to suit the many occasions that arise at this time of year.
Posted on November 29 2016
- It is a fact that everyone has their own sense of style and taste when it comes to dressing. Some people are so fussy about their wardrobe, it can make them near on impossible to buy a clothing gift for, especially when it comes to choosing colour. However, when it comes to buying a shirt as a gift there are various aspects you can consider in order to make the right choice. Here, we share some of our expert advice in helping you decided what is the best colour shirt to buy as a gift.
Posted on November 01 2016
- Unless you are required to wear a uniform to work, or protective or practical clothing of some kind, then the chances are your attire will be the same as what most other people wear to work, also known as work wear, business attire, or office clothing. Here were are going to tell you about 5 workwear essentials for men;
Posted on September 30 2016
- As Autumn fast approaches, many of us relish the opportunity to get dressed in a cosy and warm attire. Feeling the soft fabrics from cotton and knitwear against our skin is one of life's simple pleasures when the air turns cool and the nights draw in. Warmer clothing need not sacrifice style however, as we can demonstrate with our bespoke shirt collection in thicker fabrics.
Posted on August 31 2016
- Summer is wedding season, and despite the weather reaching record temperatures, a suit and shirt is still the appropriate attire for men. Many men might choose to wear their regular shirt and suit, not realising that there are other options within this dress code. As a guest, many people wonder - what should men wear to a summer wedding?
Posted on August 17 2016
- When it comes to formal wear, or more specifically Black Tie, then there are certain shirt
and collar styles which suit the dress code better than others. As shirtmakers, we are often asked what the best shirt collar is for formal occasions, and we have a couple on our website when ordering your handmade formal shirt to choose from. The Cutaway Collar or the Classic Collar, on Marcella shirts, is the standard choices for formal wear shirt collars here.
Posted on August 08 2016
- Social media has long been the place to keep up with the latest trends as well as find inspiration for new ones. By following like-minded individuals and companies, you can get style tips and ideas that don't require you to go out of your comfort zone in order to freshen up your look.
Posted on June 07 2016
- A silk tie is a beautiful and luxurious item for any man to have in his wardrobe, and a tie that is handmade in Britain is something that is even more special. When you are required to wear a uniform suit everyday for work or business, the necktie might be the only way of putting your own creative slant on your outfit.
Posted on May 12 2016
Posted on May 03 2016
- Dress codes don't change just because the weather is warmer, people still have to dress smartly and appropriately for work, weddings, and a whole host of other occasions - so, how do you stay cool while wearing a shirt and a suit?
Posted on April 24 2016
- The warmer months always bring some changes in fashion trends, so what did the catwalks for Spring Summer 2016 have in store for men's shirt fashion?
Posted on March 24 2016
Posted on February 29 2016
- Cufflinks are an excellent addition to a man's wardrobe as they not only provide an ornamental touch to a shirt, but they are also functional too.
Posted on February 23 2016
- On first thought, buying a shirt for your beloved on Valentine's Day may not be the most romantic gift, however, think again. A made to measure shirt is something special, and very personal, as well as something that is practical that can be used and kept for years to come.
Posted on February 17 2016
- A job interview is not solely about dressing well, obviously the interviewers want to know about what you have to offer and how suitable you are for the job.
Posted on February 01 2016
Posted on January 27 2016
- There are a range of different fabrics used in shirt making today, however there are a few that are used the most, and that is because with them tried and tested over the years, they have proved to be fabrics that work perfectly for shirts.
Posted on January 13 2016
- The new year is seen as a transition from leaving the old, to embracing the new, and a good clear out along with some goal setting can be just what is needed to get that fresh start feeling.
Posted on January 03 2016
- Men's shirts come with a wide variety of cuff styles, and it can sometimes be a little confusing to know the differences between them all. So, what exactly is a double cuff shirt?
Posted on December 12 2015
- The big colour of the moment for men's shirts is said to be Burgundy. Winter collections showcased warm rich shades for menswear, charming dark tones of wines and purples, all perfect for bringing a bit of comfort to your Winter wardrobe.
Posted on December 01 2015
- Many people declare that the men in their life are notoriously difficult to buy for, be it for Christmas, birthdays or anniversaries - so, here we will give you our top five gift ideas for men;
Posted on November 24 2015
- With the recent release of Spectre, all eyes have been on everything James Bond - from the cars to the cocktails, right down to what shirt Bond might wear.
Posted on November 10 2015
- Many women buy shirts off the peg from men's clothing departments, however some choose to get their shirts made to measure.
Posted on November 01 2015
- If you are looking for the best wedding shirt, it should be made to measure, in a white or off white colour depending on the bride's dress. The fabric should be thick enough so that it is opaque and not see-through too.
Posted on October 22 2015
- Men are notoriously difficult to buy for, or so many people would have us believe, but one thing that every man will appreciate one more of is a well made shirt.
Posted on October 11 2015
- Now that the weather has turned colder, moving toward the end of the year, a long sleeved shirt is the perfect men's wardrobe staple for both smart and casual wear.
Posted on October 01 2015
- A good black shirt is a great look for either smart or casual occasions, however many men shy away from wearing a black shirt as they are unsure of how to wear it.
Posted on September 11 2015
- Should I tuck my shirt in? is a question that men often ask. As shirts have become more tailored and fashions more casual, it is often acceptable to wear an untucked shirt.
Posted on August 30 2015
- The cutaway is the widest of the spread type collars, having a very wide 'cutaway' gap at the front, and is perfect for wearing wide knot ties with.
Posted on August 12 2015
- As you will be able to see on our website, the majority of shirts we make at W.H. Taylor Shirtmakers are made in 100% cotton fabric.
Posted on July 31 2015
- As a main garment that covers half the body, it is vital that all the components of a shirt fit in the correct way.
Posted on July 21 2015