What to Wear For Men Spring 2021
Posted on March 24 2021
Spring time is here, its 2021 and we have been through a year of lockdowns and restrictions amidst changes to our work patterns and environments.
Regardless of these changes style remains important for those of us who use our clothing choices to express and represent who we are. Wearing a smart shirt (and tie for those of us who revel in formality) on top of loungewear for those never-ending Zoom meetings might have been enough to get you through the last year, but it’s soon time to step out in full dress!
Here we take a look at some spring tailoring combinations that are ruling the runways and bound to impact the fashion conscience gentleman. While it’s good practice to have an eye on the new seasons trends, sartorial style is individually formed, it can evade the traps of time and space and can be infused and interpreted differently dependant on personal taste – so stick to what feels good for you.
Perhaps due to the muteness of life in general over this past year we are seeing a bold fusion of colour, texture and pattern pervade the runways. An awakening of more relaxed and informal suit silhouettes with softer and more texturised cloths being used, makes way for a wider choice in shirting options to pair with.
We have seen a flurry of floral in tailoring at some of the biggest fashion houses like Tom Ford and Burberry, and a comeback for vertical stripes – though be careful as these have the potential to highlight those extra pounds! On a shirt under a suit – almost anyone, in a whole suit – strictly for the taller and/or slimmer fellow.
Pinstripes have been spotted all over the place and the resurgence of the double-breasted suit jacket has been a big hit. While a move away from the stark lines and huge shoulders and lapels that permeated the mid to late 80’s, todays iterations are more sleekly tailored, cut shorter and really utilised in the ‘splitting the suit’ trend that has also seen a huge increase and offers much variation in the way we get to wear our garments.
Wearing the trouser and waist coat in one pattern and a contrasting blazer is a highly coveted look, keep it casual with an open collared shirt and you will be sure to dazzle. And don’t be afraid to mix up those textures and colours – it’s all about the clash this season!
When it comes to shirting, the variation in suit styles and tailoring opens the door to so many options – work with what feels good to you. If you’re a floral enthusiast then these can be delicately or boldly paired under an array of styles. An influence of more classically feminine colours is being interpreted in menswear - a rainbow of bright hues as well as pastels are very popular, from candy pinks to lilacs and purples the rule books are being re written.
Whatever your shirt style preferences at WH Taylor we will surely have an option that is perfect for you. With all our shirts being fully customisable and tailored to your specific requirements, from collar to cuff style and choice of fabric and cut, finding the shirt that suits you has never been easier.
- Shirt Collar Types Plus Who should and How to Wear Them!
- What to Wear For Men Spring 2021
- The Three Types of White Shirt Everyone Should Own!
- how to stay focused, professional and productive while working from home.
- Is it acceptable to wear a short sleeve shirt for business?
- Why pink is proving to be a popular choice in menswear
- How to overcome that office stress by working out at your desk
- The Most Popular Menswear Colours For Spring and Summer 2019
- Suit wearing rules you really should follow
- How Adaptive Clothing Is Making Fashion More Accessible
- 7 Menswear Trends Set to Dominate in 2019
- 7 Types of Trouser Every Man Should Own
- A Gentleman’s Glossary to Buying a Suit
- Sweater style – how to wear knitwear well
- What to wear to the office Christmas party this year
- Why you should be comfortable with cardigans this winter
- How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- best white shirts
- home working attire
- top tips for working from home
- what to wear on zoom meetings
- what to wear when working from home
- working from home