What Should Men Wear To a Summer Wedding
Posted on August 17 2016
A lightweight suit and a pure cotton shirt is best for keeping cool in the summer. The suit can be made up of a variety of styles, depending on what is in fashion, and the personal taste and style of the individual. Choosing a well fitted shirt that isn't too tight will provide comfort, and if it is natural fibres then it will keep the body cool. It is recommended that you get a cotton shirt made to measure to ensure that it provides a good and comfortable fit.
Grey and navy suits are good for weddings, however for a summer wedding and especially an outdoor wedding you can get away with a light beige, or even a pastel coloured suit. This season has seen some wonderful mid blue tone suits in the shops such as petrol blue and even cornflower blue, both of which make wonderful wedding guest suits.
As a summer wedding guest the design you choose for your shirt can be anything, with shades from plain white, to candy coloured pinstripes, the choice is yours depending on your style. As with any wedding guest attire however, do not overshadow the wedding party or wear anything that will draw all the attention to you and your outfit. Overall, wear something light, cool and that suits your personal style.
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
- The overlooked clothing item of the corporate world – socks
- Professional Image as a Freelancer – What Should You Wear When Meeting Clients?
- Should you be implementing a corporate dress code for your company?
- The Need to Know Guide to Buying a Suit for the Larger Gentleman
- Colour psychology in business wear
- Can Denim Ever Belong in the Office?
- How to dress correctly for a black-tie event
- Avoid Those Winter Fashion Mistakes With Our Top 5 Tips
- The Perfect Guide to Choosing a Winter Coat
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Dressing for Business Travel
- Mastering the Tape Measure – How to Size Yourself for a Suit
- Simply the best accessories to go with a business suit
- Classic Tie Knots Every Gentleman Should Know – The Four in Hand vs the Half Windsor
- Should you always dress to impress at a job interview?
- How to avoid a cheap suit – the tell-tale signs to look out for
- The gentleman’s guide to washing a shirt
- Style in Business – What to Wear to a Client Meeting
- Let’s Talk About Collars and Cuffs – a Guide to Formal Shirts
- The essential guide to layering your look this autumn
- Every man’s guide to packing a shirt for travelling