What is the Best Colour Shirt To Buy as a Gift?
Posted on November 01 2016
It is a fact that everyone has their own sense of style and taste when it comes to dressing. Some people are so fussy about their wardrobe, it can make them near on impossible to buy a clothing gift for, especially when it comes to choosing colour. However, when it comes to buying a shirt as a gift there are various aspects you can consider in order to make the right choice. Here, we share some of our expert advice in helping you decided what is the best colour shirt to buy as a gift.
The options you should consider at the start, is the lifestyle of the individual you are
buying for. If they are male, and work in an office or attend Black Ties
or evening events, then a well made luxury shirt from us at WH Taylor Shirtmakers, in a classic white, would be an excellent choice. If you have seen what the person usually wears, and it happens to be certain shades, or even pinstripes, then all the better, you will have an excellent idea of what colour shirt to buy for them.
The individual might be a more casual shirt wearer, perhaps even under knitwear, in which case you should consider the style of shirts and clothing you have already seen them in, and go from there, deciding whether a certain colour or even a check might be appropriate.
When it comes to buying a handmade shirt as a gift, if in doubt, go with a classic and neutral colour. Our shirts speak for themselves, and buying a plain white shirt from us will only highlight the quality of our workmanship. However, if you know that the person you are buying for enjoys certain colours, then you don't have to play it safe and you can buy them something else that suits their taste.
- Shirt Collar Types Plus Who should and How to Wear Them!
- What to Wear For Men Spring 2021
- The Three Types of White Shirt Everyone Should Own!
- how to stay focused, professional and productive while working from home.
- Is it acceptable to wear a short sleeve shirt for business?
- Why pink is proving to be a popular choice in menswear
- How to overcome that office stress by working out at your desk
- The Most Popular Menswear Colours For Spring and Summer 2019
- Suit wearing rules you really should follow
- How Adaptive Clothing Is Making Fashion More Accessible
- 7 Menswear Trends Set to Dominate in 2019
- 7 Types of Trouser Every Man Should Own
- A Gentleman’s Glossary to Buying a Suit
- Sweater style – how to wear knitwear well
- What to wear to the office Christmas party this year
- Why you should be comfortable with cardigans this winter
- How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- best white shirts
- home working attire
- top tips for working from home
- what to wear on zoom meetings
- what to wear when working from home
- working from home