Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
Posted on February 02 2018
Whether you’re going for an expensive meal, or you’re planning on popping the question, you want to be looking your best for Valentine’s Day.
But knowing what to wear can be quite a challenge.
That means planning your date in advance is essential, no last-minute petrol shop flowers and frantic ringing round the local restaurants!
Knowing where you’re going for Valentine’s Day enables you to plan your attire in advance
Dressing for the occasion is crucial here.
You don’t want to be suited and booted for a trip to the cinema or dressed down for a three-course dinner at the local restaurant. And if you are planning on proposing, those photos won’t be disappearing in a hurry.
Remember that some fine dining establishments do have a dress code, so be aware of what it is before you’re turned away at the door and disappoint your date!
Cinema date – you might think it doesn’t matter what you wear in the dark, but your date will want you both looking your best in the queue! Smart casual is the key here – dark jeans with a smart shirt is a great combination.
Out for drinks – when it’s a new relationship and you’re trying to keep things low key then heading out for drinks and snacks is probably what you have in mind. A dress code may be in place so check in plenty of time but generally, jeans, a simple t-shirt and blazer will have you covered.
The dinner date – or a Valentine’s Ball requires you to be suitably suited and booted. You can leave your tuxedo behind and opt for a formal shirt, suit and tie instead.
The outdoors date – adventure golf more her cup of tea? Jeans and a polo neck make for a great casual look but teamed up with a statement blazer, or leather jacket will really give that polished edge.
Your grooming needs to be on point to keep things sweet on this romantic day to remember
Yes, women do notice the small details and want to make all the other ladies in the room jealous with the gentleman on her arm, so keeping on top of your personal grooming is important.
A recent visit to the barbershop for a trim and shave is a good idea, and the effort will not go unnoticed. Teamed with the right aftershave (the one she gave you for Christmas is always a sure bet), a smart watch and cufflinks and there isn’t much room for error.
Just remember, your date isn’t going to enjoy herself if you’re not. So, dress your best but when you’re on your date, relax, smile and have fun!
Photo by Quintin Gellar from Pexels https://www.pexels.com/photo/adult-aged-bouquet-buildings-631043/
- How to Wear and Care for a Linen Shirt
- Shirt Collar Types Plus Who should and How to Wear Them!
- What to Wear For Men Spring 2021
- The Three Types of White Shirt Everyone Should Own!
- how to stay focused, professional and productive while working from home.
- Is it acceptable to wear a short sleeve shirt for business?
- Why pink is proving to be a popular choice in menswear
- How to overcome that office stress by working out at your desk
- The Most Popular Menswear Colours For Spring and Summer 2019
- Suit wearing rules you really should follow
- How Adaptive Clothing Is Making Fashion More Accessible
- 7 Menswear Trends Set to Dominate in 2019
- 7 Types of Trouser Every Man Should Own
- A Gentleman’s Glossary to Buying a Suit
- Sweater style – how to wear knitwear well
- What to wear to the office Christmas party this year
- Why you should be comfortable with cardigans this winter
- How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- best white shirts
- home working attire
- top tips for working from home
- what to wear on zoom meetings
- what to wear when working from home
- working from home