The Most Popular Menswear Colours For Spring and Summer 2019
Posted on February 15 2019
We always look to the fashion weeks at Milan, New York and Paris to glimpse at the upcoming colour trends, and if there was one word to sum up this spring and summer’s theme, it’s bright. With a healthy dose of sunshine, earthy colours and bold shades, this year looks set to be dazzling!
If you think tropical resort style, you can’t go too far wrong this year, but as always, we will highlight the colours that you’ll see on the high street in the weeks and months ahead.
Cotton candy colours
Sweet lilac and peacock pink are some sumptuously delightful colours that look fantastic as shirts to add a splash of colour to your office ensemble. These colours are fun, fabulous and sure to be a talking point if you wear them.
Fresh looking green
Green is always a popular colour and this summer it’s taking something of a fresh appearance with peppery green, moss and sage shades being seen in numerous fashion collections. These earthy greens are perfect for complimenting the bolder colours like red, orange and yellow that you’ll also see this season.
Neon greens are set to stick around for a while and are still very popular this year, particularly among sportswear and gym collections.
The actual Pantone shade is called Princess blue which might sound a little too feminine but is a rich and bright shade of blue that is a fiercely confident colour. Don’t worry though, the ever popular eclipse shade of blue, a dark almost black navy is still available this year along with softer cobalt and watery blue.
Strong shades of red will be seen everywhere this upcoming season. A slightly more muted jester red was also seen on the catwalks, but red was the dominating colour through many of the fashion weeks.
The colour of sunshine
We’re talking bright oranges and yellows here, the shades that instantly make you feel that the summer is just around the corner and it’s time to dust down those shorts and tropical shirts. In fact, the orange shades seemed to have something of a fruit based theme with turmeric and mango being popular on the catwalks.
Shades of toffee and granite
When it comes to neutrals brown seldom gets a look in amongst cream and navy, but this year is an exception. With both toffee and granite shades making a strong statement with various designers using them in their shows. These shades provide the strong base needed for some of the brighter colours and work exceedingly well with the golden yellows and sweet candy colours.
- Is It Acceptable To Wear a Short Sleeve Shirt For Business?
- Why pink is proving to be a popular choice in menswear
- How To Overcome That Office Stress by Working Out At Your Desk
- The Most Popular Menswear Colours For Spring and Summer 2019
- Suit wearing rules you really should follow
- How Adaptive Clothing Is Making Fashion More Accessible
- 7 Menswear Trends Set to Dominate in 2019
- 7 Types of Trouser Every Man Should Own
- A Gentleman’s Glossary to Buying a Suit
- Sweater style – how to wear knitwear well
- What to wear to the office Christmas party this year
- Why you should be comfortable with cardigans this winter
- How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
- The overlooked clothing item of the corporate world – socks
- Professional Image as a Freelancer – What Should You Wear When Meeting Clients?
- Should you be implementing a corporate dress code for your company?