The Advantages of Buying Bespoke Shirts
Posted on April 01 2017
As a long time bespoke shirt maker, at WH Taylor Shirt Makers we know a thing or two about what makes a great bespoke shirt. We make each garment to the highest of standards, and hand finish everything so it meets the quality one would expect. Here we discuss what the advantages of buying bespoke shirts from WH Taylor Shirt Makers are;
Our shirts have fine stitching
To achieve elegant looking seams, all our shirts are constructed using fine stitching,
which not only gives a fine looking finish, but provides a strong one too. All our shirts are made using fine stitching, which is more costly and time-consuming than other methods, but absolutely worth it, as you will see from our high-quality shirts. We even use this single-needle stitching on our 'ready to wear' shirts.
We match fabric designs perfectly
We perfectly match all fabric patterns wherever the seams meet, and this is a sign of a high-quality made shirt. The majority of our shirts are made from two fold 100% cotton poplin, which has a durable yet smooth finish, and is a medium fabric weight. It provides an excellent sharp look for business, as well as a comfortable shirt for casual and everyday wear.
We use pearl buttons
At WH Taylor, we always use real pearl button on our shirts. ‘Mother of Pearl’ plastic
replica buttons are often used by cheaper competitors to us, but we prefer to use the real thing. Our buttons are also sewn on using a secure Lockstitch, which is extra strong and secure, making it unlikely you will lose one, however spares are always included in the shirt tail.
Have your shirt made to measureVery few people have all the same measurements, and that is why when you get a Bespoke shirt made, you can get your sleeves the exact length that you require, as well as the shirt length, collar size, and anything else you need. We make the Yoke at the back of the shirt with 2-pieces which gives a better fit, and we construct using a two-piece collar, rounded cuffs, and other high-quality features. A well fitting shirt alone will look more expensive and better quality than an ill-fitting one. See Products >>
- Is It Acceptable To Wear a Short Sleeve Shirt For Business?
- Why pink is proving to be a popular choice in menswear
- How To Overcome That Office Stress by Working Out At Your Desk
- The Most Popular Menswear Colours For Spring and Summer 2019
- Suit wearing rules you really should follow
- How Adaptive Clothing Is Making Fashion More Accessible
- 7 Menswear Trends Set to Dominate in 2019
- 7 Types of Trouser Every Man Should Own
- A Gentleman’s Glossary to Buying a Suit
- Sweater style – how to wear knitwear well
- What to wear to the office Christmas party this year
- Why you should be comfortable with cardigans this winter
- How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
- The overlooked clothing item of the corporate world – socks
- Professional Image as a Freelancer – What Should You Wear When Meeting Clients?
- Should you be implementing a corporate dress code for your company?