Simply the best accessories to go with a business suit
Posted on October 31 2017
Personal style in the corporate world can be a little tricky to achieve.
A suit is a suit, right?
Sure, there’s different colours and you can wear a daring shirt or pair of shoes. But creating an individual style that is appropriately ‘you’ takes a little more effort.
That’s why we’ve selected 5 of the best accessories for business suits that can help you get creative whilst remaining corporate
A good tie says a lot about you as a businessman
To be frank - a suit looks incomplete without a tie.
It’s there to accentuate the look you’re going for and a silk necktie works well in most occasions.
Although you’re wanting to inject some character, it is a good idea to avoid loud prints, cartoon characters and anything with more than three colours.
We think that a solid or woven tie looks fantastic with a striped suit. Whereas a solid colour looks great with a striped or patterned tie.
If you want more of a dapper look for your suit – pocket squares are the way to go
Usually worn with dress suits, there’s no reason why you can’t add character to your corporate wear with a pocket square.
You can often find ties and pocket squares in a matching set which works well for a coordinated effect.
Though you can choose contrasting colours if you prefer.
Try matching a highlight colour from your tie, or choosing a neutral shade for a bright or patterned necktie.
The perfect pocket square size for your suit jacket is 10 by 10 inches.
Cufflinks have been a staple suit accessory for generations
There are literally thousands of different cufflinks that you can choose from. Though their use can be limited in that they can only be worn with French cuffs.
Novelty cufflinks are a popular choice and can be a great conversation starter – but do make sure it’s for the right reasons!
We suggest a conservative pair of cufflinks for a big meeting or negotiation.
A watch can be far more than purely functional
We happen to think it’s a great fashion accessory for any occasion.
When it comes to accessorising a suit, we feel a dress watch is the best choice. Stainless steel with a classic numerical face always looks good (and can still have multiple functions to meet your needs).
Though it can be tempting to wear a sports watch, they simply don’t add the elegance and sophistication you’re looking for when wearing a suit.
Last, but never least – the tie clip.
Functional, fashionable and the perfect choice for completing your look.
Not only will it keep your tie neat and wrinkle-free, it’ll bring all your accessories together into a polished and characterful look.
You don’t need to be boring here though.
There are numerous colour choices to be made here – ideally, it should match your belt buckle, watch and pen.
We hope that’s given you some inspiration for when you’re next dressing for the office. You can check out our range of accessories here.
- The Three Types of White Shirt Everyone Should Own!
- how to stay focused, professional and productive while working from home.
- Is It Acceptable To Wear a Short Sleeve Shirt For Business?
- Why pink is proving to be a popular choice in menswear
- How To Overcome That Office Stress by Working Out At Your Desk
- The Most Popular Menswear Colours For Spring and Summer 2019
- Suit wearing rules you really should follow
- How Adaptive Clothing Is Making Fashion More Accessible
- 7 Menswear Trends Set to Dominate in 2019
- 7 Types of Trouser Every Man Should Own
- A Gentleman’s Glossary to Buying a Suit
- Sweater style – how to wear knitwear well
- What to wear to the office Christmas party this year
- Why you should be comfortable with cardigans this winter
- How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
- The overlooked clothing item of the corporate world – socks
- best white shirts
- home working attire
- top tips for working from home
- what to wear on zoom meetings
- what to wear when working from home
- working from home