Revamp Your Wardrobe - Men's Styling Tips for Spring 2017
Posted on February 27 2017
As we approach Spring, many people like to have a sort out of their wardrobe and see what items they need for Spring. This could be to keep up with trends, shake things up a bit for the new season, or just give their wardrobe a revamp in order to see what new pieces they need. Whether you want to buy new shirts, or try new styles, here we give you some men's styling tips for Spring 2017;
Layering for Men
Layering is a big trend in men's style for 2017. By placing certain items of clothing together through layering, you can achieve an entirely new look, as well as getting further wear out of pieces that look either too worn or outdated on their own. Layering lends itself very well to shirts, especially casual shirts like our WH Taylor brushed cotton shirts. Our handmade shirts can be worn with a T-shirt underneath, perhaps with some buttons undone, or the shirt completely open with a T-shirt underneath. Another way of styling a shirt with the layering trend is instead of a blazer over the top, the shirt can be worn with a hoody on top for a casual look. Experiment with tops, shirts and jackets to see what layering style suits you.
Tuck in the Shirt
Whether to tuck a shirt or T-shirt into trousers for a casual look is a bit debatable, however it is something that has been seen on the catwalks for men over the past few seasons, and that has slowly began to filter down to street style. When tucking in a casual shirt, be sure to wear a belt for a more aesthetic look, however T-shirts can be tucked straight into joggers for a younger trendy sports style.
Spring is the perfect time to try out the cropped trouser with no socks look. If you are trying to rework certain pieces in your wardrobe, then a straight leg or skinny pair of black jeans or chinos can be turned up to achieve the same sort of style. Team this with a casual shirt and it makes for a relaxed and on-trend outfit.
Update Your Shirts
What easier way to update your wardrobe that with a few new shirts, perhaps in a different colour to what you might normally wear, or a different style. Whether for work, or for casual, for creating a layered look or wearing in a traditional manner, a new shirt is one way to inject some new energy into your Spring wardrobe. Buying a handmade shirt from us at WH Taylor shirtmakers will give you plenty of choice, making it easy to get the exact design touches you are looking for. You might want to choose a brushed cotton shirt, or a crisp white cotton shirt, either way you can make your bespoke shirt your own by choosing your desired collar and cuff style.
- Why pink is proving to be a popular choice in menswear
- How To Overcome That Office Stress by Working Out At Your Desk
- The Most Popular Menswear Colours For Spring and Summer 2019
- Suit wearing rules you really should follow
- How Adaptive Clothing Is Making Fashion More Accessible
- 7 Menswear Trends Set to Dominate in 2019
- 7 Types of Trouser Every Man Should Own
- A Gentleman’s Glossary to Buying a Suit
- Sweater style – how to wear knitwear well
- What to wear to the office Christmas party this year
- Why you should be comfortable with cardigans this winter
- How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
- The overlooked clothing item of the corporate world – socks
- Professional Image as a Freelancer – What Should You Wear When Meeting Clients?
- Should you be implementing a corporate dress code for your company?
- The Need to Know Guide to Buying a Suit for the Larger Gentleman