Men's Shirt Styles Spring Summer 2017
Posted on January 19 2017
A wardrobe staple, men's shirts are always in fashion, however not every style is. The new range of shirts for Spring and Summer 2017 are now beginning to emerge on the high street, and there are some common themes. Here we'll discuss men's shirt styles for Spring Summer 2017.
Collections for 2017 show a lot of military style shirts for men, in colours such as olive,
khaki and sand. But, if you aren't a firm follower of fashion, you can still take elements of this trend and incorporate it into your everyday wear, for example with a button down collar, or button down pockets, on your regular everyday shirts.
Going into Spring, it is still very cold in the UK, and so long sleeves and thicker fabrics are still favoured. As well as this long sleeve look, denim and check patterns are also proving to be popular for casual shirts. At WH Taylor Shirtmakers we have a wide range of check shirts in a thick soft cotton, perfect for keeping on trend, as well as keeping warm through the first part of the year. Buying a check shirt from us is also the ideal way of sticking with a high quality hand finished shirt, not compromising on anything for the sake of modern style.
These options need not just be for casual shirts, elements can be incorporated into the humble work shirt (if your job allows a non-strict dress code). This means that you can update your everyday shirt look by following details of fashion, but without going the whole way.
- The Most Popular Menswear Colours For Spring and Summer 2019
- Suit wearing rules you really should follow
- How Adaptive Clothing Is Making Fashion More Accessible
- 7 Menswear Trends Set to Dominate in 2019
- 7 Types of Trouser Every Man Should Own
- A Gentleman’s Glossary to Buying a Suit
- Sweater style – how to wear knitwear well
- What to wear to the office Christmas party this year
- Why you should be comfortable with cardigans this winter
- How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
- The overlooked clothing item of the corporate world – socks
- Professional Image as a Freelancer – What Should You Wear When Meeting Clients?
- Should you be implementing a corporate dress code for your company?
- The Need to Know Guide to Buying a Suit for the Larger Gentleman
- Colour psychology in business wear
- Can Denim Ever Belong in the Office?