How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
Posted on October 22 2018
White jeans are one of those fashion hits that can quickly become a fashion fail when worn the wrong way. Set to be seen on the high street this autumn and winter in what’s being nicknamed the “winter white look”, now’s a great time to give this trend a try.
If white denim has never appeared on your fashion radar before, you might be wondering how on earth to make this trend work for you. Well, as always, we’ve got you covered with our guide on white jeans and how to wear them with flair this winter.
Classic winter white with a chunky sweater and coat
This is fashion for cold weather so wrapping up warm has to be a priority. A cosy winter jumper in a charcoal, grey or neutral blue looks great with white jeans, but do you know what makes it even better? A statement coat to finish the look. By statement coat, we mean something bold, bright and can make an impact at a glance.
Avoid pastel colours that can make you look washed out during winter; warm neutrals are what you should be aiming for with this look.
White jeans work oh so well with chunky boots
We’re talking those combat style boots that work exceedingly well as part of a layered look which is just perfect for the colder winter months. Sand coloured boots work best with white jeans to add a dash of colour without clashing too loudly. Tie it together with a sand or camel coloured winter jacket over a cashmere jumper and you’re good to go!
Slim-fit and straight leg jeans are what you’re wanting to wear with this look. Avoid anything too loose when opting for a layered look.
All white is all right too when it comes to denim
It’s the shades that matter here though. Did you know there are around 1000 shades of white to choose from? Going all in with the winter white trend is a bold move, so carefully selecting each item as a different shade of white is the way to go here and not being afraid to layer up with a shirt over a t-shirt with a jacket or coat along with those all-important white jeans.
To add some fun to an all-white look, try adding textures and cosy chunky knits for some visual interest and added warmth.
Try double denim for a fun look
Ok, double denim has a very 80s vibe that might not work for everyone but giving it the winter white edge is a new way to twist the trend to great effect. White jeans with a denim shirt under a sports jacket is a casual smart look that’s fun and perfect for Christmas shopping or spending a day at the football stadium.
If you feel those white jeans are just too bright, opt for an off-white shade instead, like eggshell or cream. Shades can vary in terms of colour warmth so take the time in store to try potential combinations together to get the look exactly how you want it.
- The Most Popular Menswear Colours For Spring and Summer 2019
- Suit wearing rules you really should follow
- How Adaptive Clothing Is Making Fashion More Accessible
- 7 Menswear Trends Set to Dominate in 2019
- 7 Types of Trouser Every Man Should Own
- A Gentleman’s Glossary to Buying a Suit
- Sweater style – how to wear knitwear well
- What to wear to the office Christmas party this year
- Why you should be comfortable with cardigans this winter
- How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
- The overlooked clothing item of the corporate world – socks
- Professional Image as a Freelancer – What Should You Wear When Meeting Clients?
- Should you be implementing a corporate dress code for your company?
- The Need to Know Guide to Buying a Suit for the Larger Gentleman
- Colour psychology in business wear
- Can Denim Ever Belong in the Office?