How To Get a Stain Out A Shirt
Posted on February 02 2017
Many people have been known to throw away brand new shirts after one wear due to a nasty stain they fear won't come out. It is easily done, be it coffee stains, red wine, pen ink or grease. However, it is actually easier to get a stain out a shirt than most people realise. Here, we can provide you with some tips on how to get a stain out a shirt.
Just go to the laundry aisle of the supermarket, and alongside powerful laundry liquids, you will find a range of effective stain removers that are able to remove everything from coffee to red wine, and everything in between. It isn't necessary to always go for a commercial stain remover however, especially as it is not always convenient when you have a stain to access a store. It is possible to tackle stains with ordinary household solutions as ingredients.
If you have to get a stain out a shirt, start by soaking it in cold water, and it should certainly be cold water. One thing you can do is mix 1/2 teaspoon of washing up liquid and 1 tablespoon of vinegar into the water, and soak the item for around 30 minutes, a cold salt water solution is also a good one to try. Next, rinse with water. Put in the wash as normal, and a pre-wash stain treatment can be used if you have one. This is usually enough to get most stains out, and you are less likely to have to get rid of the shirt.
- Why pink is proving to be a popular choice in menswear
- How To Overcome That Office Stress by Working Out At Your Desk
- The Most Popular Menswear Colours For Spring and Summer 2019
- Suit wearing rules you really should follow
- How Adaptive Clothing Is Making Fashion More Accessible
- 7 Menswear Trends Set to Dominate in 2019
- 7 Types of Trouser Every Man Should Own
- A Gentleman’s Glossary to Buying a Suit
- Sweater style – how to wear knitwear well
- What to wear to the office Christmas party this year
- Why you should be comfortable with cardigans this winter
- How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
- The overlooked clothing item of the corporate world – socks
- Professional Image as a Freelancer – What Should You Wear When Meeting Clients?
- Should you be implementing a corporate dress code for your company?
- The Need to Know Guide to Buying a Suit for the Larger Gentleman