5 Workwear Essentials For Men
Posted on September 30 2016
1 - A sharp suit
A smart suit is pretty much the 'uniform' of anyone who works in an office or business environment. The suit should be modern in terms of cut and colour, and in an appropriate fabric for work. You will be undoubtedly be judged by others on your work attire, so getting the suit right is a must.
2 - A bespoke shirt
The next best thing to a well fitting suit, is a well fitting shirt. Whether you expect to remove your jacket at work or not, having a shirt that suits the occasion, and is in an appropriate style and fabric is vital. Order a bespoke shirt from WH Taylor Shirtmakers and we will ensure that your work shirt doesn't let you down.
3 - A neck tie
Depending on the nature of your work or business, you can get away with different
colours and patterns of neck ties. If in doubt however, choose something plain in a classic colour.
4 - Smart shoes
Smart shoes complete the outfit, and should be clean and polished at all times. Many people will look at a person's shoes to get a measure of their character, so make sure that yours are presentable at all times.
5 - Cotton socks
Lastly, a word on socks. Despite what some may think, they do get noticed. Choose a black or navy sock to match your work attire, unless you can get away with a more quirky design. A no-no every time however, is white.
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
- The overlooked clothing item of the corporate world – socks
- Professional Image as a Freelancer – What Should You Wear When Meeting Clients?
- Should you be implementing a corporate dress code for your company?
- The Need to Know Guide to Buying a Suit for the Larger Gentleman
- Colour psychology in business wear
- Can Denim Ever Belong in the Office?
- How to dress correctly for a black-tie event
- Avoid Those Winter Fashion Mistakes With Our Top 5 Tips
- The Perfect Guide to Choosing a Winter Coat
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Dressing for Business Travel
- Mastering the Tape Measure – How to Size Yourself for a Suit
- Simply the best accessories to go with a business suit
- Classic Tie Knots Every Gentleman Should Know – The Four in Hand vs the Half Windsor
- Should you always dress to impress at a job interview?
- How to avoid a cheap suit – the tell-tale signs to look out for
- The gentleman’s guide to washing a shirt
- Style in Business – What to Wear to a Client Meeting
- Let’s Talk About Collars and Cuffs – a Guide to Formal Shirts
- The essential guide to layering your look this autumn
- Every man’s guide to packing a shirt for travelling
- Gentlemen’s Fashion Styles This Autumn 2017
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Wearing Check Shirts
- A Quick Guide to Shirting Fabric and Weaves