5 Men's Style Tips For 2017
Posted on December 29 2016
We've all heard the saying; new year, new you. But not everyone wants to commit to a schedule of fitness and fad diets in order to make themselves look and feel better. Some people just want to make more of an effort with themselves and the way they dress, resulting in a new found confidence for the new year ahead. There are certain things that can be done to make you look and feel better, so here we have put together 5 men's style tips for 2017;
Get a Good Haircut
Many men keep the same hairstyle for most of their adult life, however this can be aging depending on the style, and also end up going way out of fashion. A good barber or stylist will know exactly what to do in order to update your look, even with just a small change that might not be entirely noticeable to others. A haircut can change the shape of your face also, which is useful if you need to loose a bit of weight too.
Buy a Made to Measure Shirt
A well fitting made to measure shirt can transform your body shape, streamlining your physique and making you look smarter and more modern in the way you are presented. Areas you deem to be problem areas of fat can not always be worked off through exercise, perhaps due to hormonal problems or medication side effects. A made to measure shirt can streamline bulges on the breast area (ie-hide man boobs) and disguise a fat stomach, both which can not always be sorted out by a new year diet. A bespoke shirt that is hand finished, and made in England, is an excellent men's style tip for 2017.
Polished Your Shoes
Nothing smartens up an outfit, or an image, better than a good pair of shoes, which should always be polished. This can help make a good impression both at work and in social situations, and gives a smart overall image to any outfit. Someone who polishes their shoes comes across as caring about what they do.
Update Your Glasses Like changing your hairstyle, many men can get stuck in a rut with the style of glasses they choose to wear. Getting a new style of glasses can modernise your image, as well as change the shape of your face, due to some styles suiting you better and making you look slimmer or younger. Glasses are a style accessory as much as a scarf, watch or piece of jewellery, and so care should be taken when choosing the design.
Start a Skincare Regime
There is nothing un-masculine about taking care of your skin. Moisturising the skin to protect it against the elements, be it dry central heating or harsh icy winds, can stop red dry patches and make the face feel more comfortable. Taking care of your skin, even in the most simplest of ways, can make you look younger and make your skin tone more even and smooth.
- 7 Types of Trouser Every Man Should Own
- A Gentleman’s Glossary to Buying a Suit
- Sweater style – how to wear knitwear well
- What to wear to the office Christmas party this year
- Why you should be comfortable with cardigans this winter
- How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
- The overlooked clothing item of the corporate world – socks
- Professional Image as a Freelancer – What Should You Wear When Meeting Clients?
- Should you be implementing a corporate dress code for your company?
- The Need to Know Guide to Buying a Suit for the Larger Gentleman
- Colour psychology in business wear
- Can Denim Ever Belong in the Office?
- How to dress correctly for a black-tie event
- Avoid Those Winter Fashion Mistakes With Our Top 5 Tips
- The Perfect Guide to Choosing a Winter Coat
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Dressing for Business Travel