Buying A Shirt As A Christmas Gift
Posted on October 11 2015
Men are notoriously difficult to buy for, or so many people would have us believe, but one thing that every man will appreciate one more of is a well made shirt. You may consider the man you are buying for to be a man who has everything, but he might not yet have a made to measure shirt in his wardrobe, making a bespoke shirt as a Christmas gift an original and classy present to give him this year. So, how do you go about buying a shirt as a present?
There is no getting around the fact that you will need accurate measurements to ensure that the shirt is made to measure correctly. There is no point in buying a superior shirt if it isn't going to fit well - a shirt that doesn't fit well, no matter how much it costs or how high quality the fabric, is going to make anyone look sloppy. The measurements you will need in order to buy someone a shirt as a gift are collar size, arm length, and chest size. A shirt that fits well will allow a finger in between the neck and the shirt collar done up. If you are going on what shirt collar size someone usually takes, make sure they are wearing the correct neck size to start with.
A good made to measure shirt is an excellent gift to buy someone this Christmas. You can choose between a casual, smart casual, or formal look, or perhaps you want to encourage them to be a little bit more daring with colour or pattern. A bespoke shirt will make the person who receives it feel very special and they are sure to appreciate the thought, time and effort put into making it possible.
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
- The overlooked clothing item of the corporate world – socks
- Professional Image as a Freelancer – What Should You Wear When Meeting Clients?
- Should you be implementing a corporate dress code for your company?
- The Need to Know Guide to Buying a Suit for the Larger Gentleman
- Colour psychology in business wear
- Can Denim Ever Belong in the Office?
- How to dress correctly for a black-tie event
- Avoid Those Winter Fashion Mistakes With Our Top 5 Tips
- The Perfect Guide to Choosing a Winter Coat
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Dressing for Business Travel
- Mastering the Tape Measure – How to Size Yourself for a Suit
- Simply the best accessories to go with a business suit
- Classic Tie Knots Every Gentleman Should Know – The Four in Hand vs the Half Windsor
- Should you always dress to impress at a job interview?
- How to avoid a cheap suit – the tell-tale signs to look out for
- The gentleman’s guide to washing a shirt