How To Wear A Black Shirt
Posted on September 11 2015
A good black shirt is a great look for either smart or casual occasions, however many men shy away from wearing a black shirt as they are unsure of how to wear it. A black shirt can give the impression of someone important, a rockstar, someone incredibly stylish, or mysterious and interesting - just think of the Man In Black himself, Johnny Cash, the black shirt was a signature look of his. You don't however have to go for an all black outfit in order to wear a black shirt, here are a few tips on how to wear it;
Black is a strong and classic colour and although you might think it suits most people, it can drain those with a very pale complexion. Some people can get away with wearing black on black, that is a black shirt with an equally black suit, but those people are rare. A contrast with the shirt is always better, and this is also more flattering to most skin tones. A charcoal grey suit a few shades down from black, or any other mid grey, is a good choice to pair it with. Some people have worn a black shirt with tan tone trousers and pulled this off as a good look too. One rule to stick to though is never wear navy trousers or a navy suit with a black shirt as this will not look good together at all.
W.H. Shirtmakers make a stunning black shirt, all made to measure like the other shirt colours and designs, and in a full range of cuff and collar styles to suit your preferred style. A black shirt is a great new addition to your shirt wardrobe, and is something that looks both smart and modern.
- Is It Acceptable To Wear a Short Sleeve Shirt For Business?
- Why pink is proving to be a popular choice in menswear
- How To Overcome That Office Stress by Working Out At Your Desk
- The Most Popular Menswear Colours For Spring and Summer 2019
- Suit wearing rules you really should follow
- How Adaptive Clothing Is Making Fashion More Accessible
- 7 Menswear Trends Set to Dominate in 2019
- 7 Types of Trouser Every Man Should Own
- A Gentleman’s Glossary to Buying a Suit
- Sweater style – how to wear knitwear well
- What to wear to the office Christmas party this year
- Why you should be comfortable with cardigans this winter
- How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
- The overlooked clothing item of the corporate world – socks
- Professional Image as a Freelancer – What Should You Wear When Meeting Clients?
- Should you be implementing a corporate dress code for your company?