The Benefits of Wearing a 100% Cotton Shirt
Posted on July 31 2015
As you will be able to see on our website, the majority of shirts we make at W.H. Taylor Shirtmakers are made in 100% cotton fabric. We have a great range of shirt fabrics, in tasteful shades and patterns, but what is it that makes a 100% cotton shirt so good?
First and foremost, cotton is known for it's cooling properties. Wear a cotton shirt on a warm day and your skin will still be able to breath and keep cool. A cotton shirt will also take moisture away from the skin, which is another factor in keeping you cool and dry feeling in the summer months or when the heat is on (in more ways than one) at work. Similarly, cotton is a natural insulator and so as well as being a breathable fabric that will keep you feeling cooler, it can also keep you warmer when worn as an under-layer, more so than most other synthetic fabrics out there.
It is very rare that a 100% cotton shirt will ever cause you an allergic reaction, as it is widely known as a hypoallergenic material and does not irritate the skin. It is a most comfortable fabric to wear, and so perfect for an item of clothing that is worn on a daily basis, in all sorts of circumstance. Cotton is a durable fabric and is ideal for shirts that need to withstand regular washing, it's naturally strong fibres being up to 30% stronger when wet means your 100% cotton shirt can withstand as many hot washes in it's lifetime as it needs to.
Be sure to take a look at the beautiful cotton fabrics available on our W.H. Taylor website, with which we will make you a bespoke shirt designed to keep you cool and comfortable all year round.
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
- The overlooked clothing item of the corporate world – socks
- Professional Image as a Freelancer – What Should You Wear When Meeting Clients?
- Should you be implementing a corporate dress code for your company?
- The Need to Know Guide to Buying a Suit for the Larger Gentleman
- Colour psychology in business wear
- Can Denim Ever Belong in the Office?
- How to dress correctly for a black-tie event
- Avoid Those Winter Fashion Mistakes With Our Top 5 Tips
- The Perfect Guide to Choosing a Winter Coat
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Dressing for Business Travel
- Mastering the Tape Measure – How to Size Yourself for a Suit
- Simply the best accessories to go with a business suit
- Classic Tie Knots Every Gentleman Should Know – The Four in Hand vs the Half Windsor
- Should you always dress to impress at a job interview?
- How to avoid a cheap suit – the tell-tale signs to look out for
- The gentleman’s guide to washing a shirt