How To Wear A Striped Shirt.
Posted on June 20 2015
Striped shirts are a type of pattern that can be worn for almost all occasions - be it wearing as a business shirt, casual shirt, or on certain occasions formal shirts. Pinstripe shirts, as well as wider striped shirts, come in a range of colours and designs but one thing they all have in common is that the stripes are vertical which ensures a some
what slimming visual effect on the body. Horizontal stripes are something to be avoided in stouter builds, but thankfully vertically striped shirts are elongating.
Striped shirts are popular wear in business as it is a good way of adding interest to your work wardrobe, which still adhering to a business dress code. Colours such as pink, blue and green are all acceptable and so it is a good way to life a suit and tie with a pop of colour. The vertical stripes lend themselves well to looking good with a tie too.
A striped shirt is a good and easy way for conservative dressers to branch out a little and play with fashion and colour. It is an idea to go for colours that match your complexion, and colours that you feel good wearing.
A striped shirt is a great smart/casual addition to any man's wardrobe, as it can be effortlessly worn with trousers or jeans for a smart but more relaxed look. Again, stripes in a colour addmore interest to the overall outfit and look more stylish than just a plain work shirt.
At the end of the day, don't be afraid to try something new with a striped shirt. As has been said, it is a safe way to play with pattern and colour in your wardrobe, and is suitable for most occasions too. A striped shirt in your wardrobe will always be money well spent.
View our striped shirt collection Click here>>
- How to Wear and Care for a Linen Shirt
- Shirt Collar Types Plus Who should and How to Wear Them!
- What to Wear For Men Spring 2021
- The Three Types of White Shirt Everyone Should Own!
- how to stay focused, professional and productive while working from home.
- Is it acceptable to wear a short sleeve shirt for business?
- Why pink is proving to be a popular choice in menswear
- How to overcome that office stress by working out at your desk
- The Most Popular Menswear Colours For Spring and Summer 2019
- Suit wearing rules you really should follow
- How Adaptive Clothing Is Making Fashion More Accessible
- 7 Menswear Trends Set to Dominate in 2019
- 7 Types of Trouser Every Man Should Own
- A Gentleman’s Glossary to Buying a Suit
- Sweater style – how to wear knitwear well
- What to wear to the office Christmas party this year
- Why you should be comfortable with cardigans this winter
- How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- best white shirts
- home working attire
- top tips for working from home
- what to wear on zoom meetings
- what to wear when working from home
- working from home