Choosing a Fabric for Your Bespoke Shirt
Posted on June 07 2015
When going to the effort of having your shirt tailor-made to your unique specifications, the type of fabric used should never come as an afterthought. A good shirt maker will have a range of top quality cloths for you to choose from, and will also have the expertise to guide you and help you find the best fabric for your garment. The fabric plays a part in how the shirt will lie under a suit, or how it will match a certain jacket and tie. Here at W.H. Taylor Shirtmakers we have the knowledge and skills in helping you choose the fabric for your bespoke shirt.
The choice of fabrics that are stocked in our workroom are from UK manufacturers, who are amongst the very few production companies left in England who make this type of fine material. They maintain a very high production standards, and work closely with mills in the North of England for their raw materials. This attention to detail in the finest British cloth filters down to us as shirtmakers, resulting in an truly authentic and top quality shirt.
We have a range of tasteful fabrics in our catalogue for clients to choose from. There are various things that factor into your decision when choosing a fabric for a bespoke shirt, be it from us, or another shirtmaker. Firstly, you have to think about where you are going to wear it, and what you plan to wear it with. These things are vital to ensuring you get it made in the correct weight of cloth, but also choose an appropriate shade or pattern for the ocassion and outfit. Another thing to consider is cost, fabrics will vary in price and so take you budget into consideration too. All in all, the type of fabric you choose for your bespoke shirt is another factor in you having a unique garment, and so give it careful thought but also enjoy it.
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
- The overlooked clothing item of the corporate world – socks
- Professional Image as a Freelancer – What Should You Wear When Meeting Clients?
- Should you be implementing a corporate dress code for your company?
- The Need to Know Guide to Buying a Suit for the Larger Gentleman
- Colour psychology in business wear
- Can Denim Ever Belong in the Office?
- How to dress correctly for a black-tie event
- Avoid Those Winter Fashion Mistakes With Our Top 5 Tips
- The Perfect Guide to Choosing a Winter Coat
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Dressing for Business Travel
- Mastering the Tape Measure – How to Size Yourself for a Suit
- Simply the best accessories to go with a business suit
- Classic Tie Knots Every Gentleman Should Know – The Four in Hand vs the Half Windsor
- Should you always dress to impress at a job interview?
- How to avoid a cheap suit – the tell-tale signs to look out for
- The gentleman’s guide to washing a shirt
- Style in Business – What to Wear to a Client Meeting
- Let’s Talk About Collars and Cuffs – a Guide to Formal Shirts
- The essential guide to layering your look this autumn
- Every man’s guide to packing a shirt for travelling