3 Looks To Get You Through Christmas
Posted on November 29 2016
No matter how many items of clothing you own, there’s always a situation where you just can’t find anything to wear, and especially at Christmas, it can be tricky trying to find the perfect look to suit the many occasions that arise at this time of year. So, to make sure that you’re fully prepared for the party season ahead, here are three great looks to help you make it through Christmas in style.
1. The Christmas Party
Perhaps the trickiest look to conquer, trying to find the right balance for a Christmas Party can seem intimidating at first, but if you stick to a few basic rules, you really can’t go wrong. Monochrome is a great way to make any outfit look fancy, so go for a grey blazer paired with black leather dress shoes and black skinny jeans to give things a casual twist. If you’re feeling particularly festive, then a burgundy bespoke shirt with classic collar and smart black tie (if you’re going tie-less, opt for a spread collar for something a bit different) will help to brighten things up and make your outfit look extra special.
2. Last Minute Shopping Trip
Whether you’ve forgotten to get your in-laws a present, or you’ve just run out of cranberry sauce, no one wants to leave their nice warm house to brave the busy streets at this time of year. So if you really must nip out to the shops, then it pays to have a stylish, yet cosy outfit in mind to help get the job done. A heavy brushed cotton shirt will help to keep you warm in the winter, and can be worn with beige chinos and a chunky knit jumper to finish the look.
3. Relaxed Christmas Day
Get your Christmas jumpers out; Christmas day is all about comfort and having fun with the people you love! So throw on your most embarrassing Christmas jumper and enjoy looking silly for a few hours, before changing to a more refined night-time look. Brown leather loafers sharpen up any outfit, and can be worn with a pair of comfortable jeans, a checked shirt and a cardigan or blazer, depending on the occasion.
- 7 Types of Trouser Every Man Should Own
- A Gentleman’s Glossary to Buying a Suit
- Sweater style – how to wear knitwear well
- What to wear to the office Christmas party this year
- Why you should be comfortable with cardigans this winter
- How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
- The overlooked clothing item of the corporate world – socks
- Professional Image as a Freelancer – What Should You Wear When Meeting Clients?
- Should you be implementing a corporate dress code for your company?
- The Need to Know Guide to Buying a Suit for the Larger Gentleman
- Colour psychology in business wear
- Can Denim Ever Belong in the Office?
- How to dress correctly for a black-tie event
- Avoid Those Winter Fashion Mistakes With Our Top 5 Tips
- The Perfect Guide to Choosing a Winter Coat
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Dressing for Business Travel