Why Ladies Shirts are best Made-to-Measure
Posted on January 27 2016
Any woman will tell you just how difficult it can be to get clothes that fit perfectly. Ladies shirts are no different, and this is why getting a shirt made to measure is often much better that ordering off the peg. Women naturally all have different combinations of measurements when it comes to shirts - bust size, arm length, body length, collar size.
Shirts are worn by women on a regular basis in business, in the workplace, as well as casually under sweaters, coats and blazers. If you do not wear shirts on a regular basis, be it for work or other, then a crisp well fitting quality shirt is still a great basic to add to your wardrobe. It can turn an outfit instantly into smart casual wear, without looking or feeling over dressed. A good shirt is something that will instantly smarten any outfit. Getting a made to measure ladies shirt gives you the opportunity to add on the cuff style that you personally prefer, as well as specifying if you like a more fitted, or loose, shirt. And you can rest assured that it will fit well.
A good shirt maker however can still offer well made off the peg ladies shirts that fit well, and you can also choose custom features. For example, here at WH Taylor Shirtmakers in Derby, you can select your ladies shirt size, and choose the cuff style you want, as well as the colour, fabric and whether you want it fitted or loose. With this kind of attention to detail from a professional shirt maker, you needn't worry about an ill fitting shirt again.
- 7 Types of Trouser Every Man Should Own
- A Gentleman’s Glossary to Buying a Suit
- Sweater style – how to wear knitwear well
- What to wear to the office Christmas party this year
- Why you should be comfortable with cardigans this winter
- How to Wear White Jeans the Right Way
- 8 Essential Items Every Man Should Have in His Wardrobe
- 4 things to consider when buying a shirt
- What to wear with a black shirt
- Discover the best jackets on the High Street this Autumn and Winter 2018
- 5 Autumn Winter Fashion Trends to Wear in 2018/19
- 3 Hacks for Looking Sharp as a Shorter Gentleman
- Slim fit or regular? Which one should you choose when it comes to buying a suit?
- Linen shirts vs cotton – which is better this summer
- Everyman’s Guide to Wearing Tailored Separates
- Wedding Suits and How They Started
- A Brief History of Men’s Braces
- What’s the best way to care for my bespoke shirt?
- How to wear a blazer this summer
- The remarkable history of the necktie
- Summer shoes and how to wear them
- Top Tips for Staying Cool in the Office this Summer
- This Summer’s Big Shirt Trend – Vertical Stripes
- How to wear a checked shirt with style
- A gentleman’s guide to organising his wardrobe
- How to wear a short-sleeved shirt well this summer
- Formal Dress Codes Revealed – what they really mean
- The Denim Jacket – for the casual smart look this summer
- Why every man should own at least one Oxford shirt
- Suit colour combinations that work
- From field to shirt – explaining the cotton industry
- Nanotechnology – the future of modern clothing
- The impact of social media on menswear
- 21st Century Office Wear - have we seen the last of the three-piece suit?
- How to get the most mileage out of your shoes
- The gender differences of shirts and suits
- From Nightgowns to Business Wear – the Interesting History of the Humble Shirt
- Upcoming Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2018
- Why a tie can be more of a fashion disaster than a fashion statement in the office
- Valentine’s Day – a date to dress sharply for!
- The overlooked clothing item of the corporate world – socks
- Professional Image as a Freelancer – What Should You Wear When Meeting Clients?
- Should you be implementing a corporate dress code for your company?
- The Need to Know Guide to Buying a Suit for the Larger Gentleman
- Colour psychology in business wear
- Can Denim Ever Belong in the Office?
- How to dress correctly for a black-tie event
- Avoid Those Winter Fashion Mistakes With Our Top 5 Tips
- The Perfect Guide to Choosing a Winter Coat
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Dressing for Business Travel